I was inspired to do the polka dots after I purchased a round sponge brush. I thought it would be a quick and easy pattern to try out. I started with a wine glass using vitrea 160 and the sponge but wasn't completely satisfied with the results.
While applying paint with a sponge has a wonderful effect it wasn't what I was looking for at the moment. I switched to porcelaine 150 and a mug. This time I used a brush for the dots. The bright colours showed up nicely against the white background and gave it a bright and cheerful look. This immediately made me think of my co-teacher who is fun and coincidentally in need of a coffee mug^^
After the dots dried I outlined them with a yellow liner with gives a nice finished look and some texture. I personalized the mug by writing her name on the handle. This was a fun and simple project and I'm pleased with the outcome. I think you could really vary the outcome with changes of colour and liner as well. I will try some variations in the future.
This cup is bright and fun, just like you!!! I love it.
ReplyDeleteWe don't need lamps in our apt any more. You can read by this! How convenient! :)
ReplyDelete:) thanks guys! thanh, i haven't yet tried your recipe i'm hoping this weekend. can't wait!
ReplyDelete