Wednesday, September 15, 2010

same same but different


In my last post I talked about how changing the colours can really vary the outcome. I just wanted to show an example from my previous pieces that really illustrate this. While the mugs and patterns are identical apart from colour the feel of each piece is totally different.

The white mug was a pattern that I painted a lot for my craft shows. The inside of the mug was the same blue as the flowers and I usually ended up sticking with this colour pattern. I sometimes get too wrapped up in having things match and look neat. Messy and clashing definitely have their merits! :)

The brown mug was an order I made for one of my customers. I wouldn't have picked those colours myself but I fell in love with the finished product. That's one reason I offer custom orders. It allows people to see their imagination come to life and gets me to go outside my "box" and do something I wouldn't normally. The wonderful thing about this paint is that it's not permanent until you bake it in the oven. This allows you to make as many changes (and mistakes) as you like when you are making something. My next post will probably be more about my supplies for anyone interested in trying this themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment